Friday, March 28, 2008

Frasier Crane, Cocker Spaniel


Our Family Pet
I'm sorry to say that it's been a few weeks since I blogged. Our dog got sick the first week of March. While his master was away, Frasier took ill. I took Frasier to the animal hospital every day for 4 days to give him medication & make him comfortable. I also took care of him round the clock until his "daddy" came home. On the 5th day, we said our good byes. We had a very darling gentleman as our veteranarian, who said: 'you don't realize when you see the bright eyed, happy puppy at 6 weeks old, that later on you accept the responsibility to make these decisions upon their death.'


I've always said, "I'm not a dog-person". I've been with Frasier for 11 out of his 17 years. Frasier has taught me, no matter whether you are a 'dog-person' or not, you will always love your family pet and miss him when he's gone.

No comments: